Saturday 9 September 2017

Merry Christmas

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I know I am a bit early but Christmas is only three and a half months away - don't wanna stress you!
I have to admit I love making Christmas cards and I need a lot - so I try to start early! With the first companies coming up with Christmas stamps I think it is okay to start posting Christmas cards, too!



I instantly fell in love with the penguins from Avery Elle's Brring On The Joy set. They are so cute skating on the ice and holding all the different accessoires included in the set.

I started my card by stamping, colouring and fussy cutting the images that I needed.

For the background I took a piece of scrap paper, covered it in embossing ink and added embossing powder in pearl. Then I heat set it with my heat gun. With Reverse Confetti's Snowflake Trio I die cut the embossed paper. The snowflakes sticked to the die because of the embossing powder. So I added a layer of wax paper between the die and the paper. That made it easier to remove the paper from the die.


I adhered the snowflakes to a piece of white cardstock and added my coloured images.
For the sentiment I stamped the word Merry with Avery Elle's Modern Alpha and embossed it in white. I needed a tiny christmas to complete the sentiment and found one in Newton's Nook's Holiday Wishes.

So let me know when you start to make Christmas cards? In March? Or on December 22nd?

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni


         


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team