Tuesday 19 September 2017

Celebrate with Orchids

I have a floral card to share today. I haven't reached for my floral sets much recently, so it was nice to use the Altenew Oriental Orchid set again.


I only used two layers of the orchid layering set this time - the outline and a detail layer, which I stamped with a pink ink. I used the Wink of Stella clear glitter over the top, which pulled some of the pink out to the rest of the flower. I stamped and coloured two leaves, then cut everything out.

On the card base, I used masking tape to create a rectangle in the middle. I then blended colour over the Altenew watercolour stencil. This is a quick and effective way to add a pop of colour to a background.

I flicked it with water for some detail, then layered the orchids on to the card base. I used tape runner, rather than foam tape, so it isn't too bulky.



I added a sentiment from the Altenew Celebrate stamp set - a fab set of sentiments for a great price. I plan on keeping the inside of the card blank, so this card could be used for many occasions.

Thanks for joining me today. Have a lovely week,
Gemma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team